Saturday 1 September 2012

Nail Polish Review - Revlon Top Speed, 'Cloud'


Pinch and a punch for the first of the month – Happy Spring!

For spring I am loving all the pastel colors that are on trend, So when I was shopping and found this beautiful mauve nail polish I knew I had to have it!

Now, call me a princess if you will, but I have only just started doing my nails myself. I have always either had acrylic nails that I would just let them paint, or more recently shellac.

As I have decided to don more of a natural approach I am letting them grow naturally, and so far I’m fairly happy with the result. 

Revlon Top Speed - Color 710 Cloud
I recently picked up this Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in the color 710 Cloud. I haven’t really used Revlon Nail Polish in the past, so thought I would check it out. It was on sale at Cosmetic Fragrance Direct for only $5

Unfortunately, the polish itself isn’t fantastic. When I tried it in store, I had a nude color on my nails and the mauve looked great! However, when I put it on at home over my base coat it was thin and just odd. 

Ignore the skin :)


It is extremely watery and is so difficult to get a nice even finish.

In the end I applied a nude French pink to my nail and put the mauve over the top (I was determined) The color was much better and gave a thicker appearance.

Finish Product with China Glaze Top Coat on top.
Even though I adore the color, I won’t be using this product in a hurry again. Its so much effort for something that is supposed to be an enjoyable task.  

Has anyone else had the same experience with the Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish?

Until Next Time
Beck xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment