Monday 17 September 2012

Almay Smart Shade Primer Review

Almay Smart Shade Primer (And my Hand)
One of the very first things I learnt about makeup is that for my skin, I HAVE to prime.  It goes deeper than Napoleon Perdis’ statement ‘To not prime is a crime!’ If I don’t prime, the makeup will run, go streaky and come off by the end of the working day, which is never a good look!  

I recently purchased the Almay Smart Shade Primer. It is said to even out skin tone and (as the name suggests) prime the skin. Here are my thoughts on the product

To begin with, I really like the packing. I think the helix design is unique and makes the product really stand out on the shelf. I’m not the biggest fan of the plastic tube, Especially plastic like this as it tends to cheapen the look of the product, having said that, it makes it easy to use it while traveling.

The pump disperses a good amount and the colors really mix well together once out of the tube.

When its on your hand or brush, The first thing you notice about the serum is the smell!. It smells terrible! It is a mixture between out of date - something and vomit. Considering you apply this product to your face, the smell is not really ideal.

The serum is quite light and blends out easily, however, I don’t think it does a lot to change my skin tone which is one of its features. Normally using a green/purple based conceler/primer will remove some of the redness in my skin but as this product is so thin, it really doesn’t achieve this.

When applying foundation on the top, again, I don’t notice a big difference. It has the same affect as applying moisturizer directly under my foundation rather than a primer.

All and all, I think the Almay Smart Shade Primer has been a big miss for me. I can’t think of a situation where it would be suitable, but this is just my opinion and how the product worked for me.

Has anyone had a better experience with this product? I would love to hear your thoughts

Until Next Time

Beck x

No comments:

Post a Comment