Monday 17 September 2012

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation Review


Rimmel London - Wake me Up Foundation Approx $20

During one of my recent Priceline expedition I picked up the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation. When I bought the foundation, I hadn't heard much about the product so I was really excited to test it out!

Anyone that knows me, will tell you I love to sleep, however, just like anyone, I don't always get enough of it The concept of a foundation that will make me look awake seemed perfect.   

To start with the packing is adorable, I love it. The organe pump and lid make it a cute compact product to add to your collection.

The Foundation comes out fairly generously, and you can see a slight shimmer in the foundation. I got the color 103 True Ivory which for my skintone is fantastic. It gives my skin a nice color but doesn't look like I've spent an afternoon with the guys from Jersey Shore.

The Foundation gives fantastic coverage and really evens out my skintone. It buffs into the skin nicely which is something I look for in my foundation choice.  I was worried that the shimmer could potentially bring out flaws that I have but it really masks them well, which impressed me.

I really do enjoy this foundation, however, it comes down to this. To use it everyday can be a smidge excessive due to the sparkle. I feel as though when I step outside, I don an Edward Cullen-esq shimmer that really isn't a look I like to embrace. If you use a light transclucent powder over the top, it reduces the shimmer  but you lose the dewy effect, so I suggest if you are going to spending a good portion of your day outside in the sun, perhaps this isnt the appropriate foundation for you.

As you may or may not know I am actually a singer, I gig around Sydney and NSW. I have noticed, this foundation is perfect for stage. Under the stage lights the shimmer does not come across as a shimmer but more of a dewy glow which is really pretty and perfect. It is long wearing and doesn't sweat off wihch is great when I'm doing an hour (plus) show. There is nothing worse than your foundation sweating off. I imagine the foundation would have the same effect when clubbing or anytime you will be under lights.

So to wrap things up. I think for the right event the Foundation is fantastic. I'm not sure how 'awake' it makes me look but I know it gives fantastic coverage and under the right circumstances makes your skin glow. I will definately be trying more of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Range in the future.

Thanks so much for reading, as I have said before, this is really just my opinion. I would love to know if anyone else has tried this and their thoughts.

Until Next Time.

Beck xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment