Wednesday 21 August 2013

Fitness Update - Weekly Challenge #1

Preach Girl!
This is a different type of post than you would normally see from me BUT I have just come home from an amazing Personal Training session and I felt the need to write about some exciting new plans I have in relation to my fitness goals. 

A bit of a back story for you. I currently live super far away from my work - When I say super far, I'm really not being precious. At minimum it's 2hrs ONE WAY! Craycray right? 

Well, what this means is, I cant always get to a gym. By the time, I get to work, finish work, get home etc etc I have often done a 14hr day before dinner is even on the table.

So my amazing trainer (Ben at Anytime Fitness - he's a keeper) has come up with a great idea to help me stay on track with my goals. He also suggested I write about it somewhere so I can put it out into the universe - He's into that whole hippy new age universe stuff, and to be honest... secretly I kinda dig it!

So each Wednesday night When I come home, I will tell you all how my challenge for the week went and also, what my new weekly challenge is! Seems simple enough... right?

So for Week 1 the challenge its fairly simple:

Near my work there is a massive stair case. There are around 60 steps. I have to go up and down this, 3 times all at once! 

Seems simple enough right - I suppose its good to ease myself in for the first week.

The good thing with this is its a simple mindless task. The difficult thing - I'm extremely unfit and, well, really hate stairs. But, I am feeling empowered and determined. Also, I now have this post to keep me motivated!

I will return next Wednesday to write about my progress and to discuss my new challenge.

Does anyone have any challenge ideas? I'm up for suggestions to bring to the party! (Why did the Venga Boys just pop into my mind...?)

Until Next Time, 
Beck xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment