Tuesday 16 April 2013

Essence: 'Stay With Me – Long Lasting Lip Gloss’



I wont lie, I’m a sucker for a nice lipgloss – but I simply can’t justify spending a crazy amount of money on it, as I don’t feel as though its something that has a lot of longevity in my makeup collection.

 Needless to say, I was super excited when I found the Essence ‘Stay With Me – Long Lasting Lip Gloss’ for around (possibly under) the $5 mark.

I chose the color 02 My Favorite Milkshake. The color is a nice light pink color, with a lovely shine. 

My Nan wanted to help, so gave me her hand - such a cutie

The first thing I noticed about this was the odd shaped applicator wand. As you can see, it dips in the middle, making it slightly awkward to apply the gloss evenly. The packing also has a stopper in the tube (not pictured) so its slightly difficult to get a good amount of product on the wand when applying.

This is 2 coats swatched on my wrist
It is fairly translucent color wise, but has a nice shine to it, which is something I look for in a gloss.

To be honest, I’m not sure the product lives up to its name, as its not extremely long lasting – It’s certainly no longer lasting than any other gloss that I have in my collection. 

Finished Product - my lips were super dark here. Not sure why haha
 However, having said that, I am fairly happy with this product, especially for the price.  It is a great product to use over a dark color for added effect or on days where I don’t want a super dramatic lip

Has anyone tried any of the other colors?

Until Next Time

Beck xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment